Broadway Road June 2005 1953 147 Pueblo Revival Residence 46 E. Church in honor of the wife of the first presiding bishop, the Rev. November 1997 1928 77 Graham Paper Company Warehouse 521 S. April 1989; landmark designation March 2004 1928-1929 134 Phoenix Elementary School District No. The structure, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, reference: 95001081, is the only known surviving African-American boarding house remaining in Phoenix.
The played at the ballpark during the spring training of 1964. Also listed are historical landmarks, some of which are listed in the National Register of Historic Places such as the and the. Errol Payne Palmer was a significant member of the medical community at local, national and international levels. The church is listed in the Phoenix Historic Property Register. William Grier was a merchant who took to ranching after moving to Arizona in 1896.
May 1987; landmark designation and boundary expansion March 2004 1914 114 Monterey Ranch Residence 40 E. It is located in what is now the corner of 48th St. The house which housed Mr. He moved to Arizona and served as state historian from 1917 through 1922. Maie Heard added quality artworks to the collection and worked closely with the board of trustees to direct the activities of the museum. I always thought the whites had better things than us.
This list however, is not limited to historical structures and monuments. It is now in the process of restoration and will be used to house a law firm. September 1986 1928 93 Humbert William K. The park was listed in the Phoenix Historic Property Register in June 2009. In 1945, members of the community met at the First Institutional Baptist Church and formed the Progressive Builders Association.
It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on February 22, 2011, reference 11000043. These are the images of those properties. Many epic places are gone forever and some of what replaced them is anomic. Stoughton Estate house was built in 1930 and is located at 805 W. Listed are some museums in Phoenix with the images of artifacts of historical importance.
The house is located in the Encanto Historic District which was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on February 16, 1984, reference 84000696. Watching the Disney movies in this theater was enhanced, magically, by the surrounding building environment that was this incredibly beautiful theater! It is listed on the African American Historic Property Survey. September 2004 1927 13 Bayless J. September 1986 1914 49 Duppa-Montgomery Adobe 715 S. Papago Park is a hilly desert park covering 1200 in its Phoenix extent and 296 in its Tempe extent.
Construction on the structure began in 1963 and was completed in 1980. The Deer Valley Rock Art Center, also known as the Hedgpeth Hills Petroglyph Site and the Sonoran Desert preserve, is a 47-acre archaeological site containing over 1500 Hohokam, Patayan, and Archaic petroglyphs. Elks Lodge 477 1007 S. These cemeteries serve as the final resting place of various notable citizens of Arizona. His mammoth project includes thousands of photographs and written information bound in 20 volumes complimented by 20 portfolios of additional photographs. You can buy an autographed copy at the San Carlos Hotel or at booksellers around the valley and online.
March 2003 1929 104 Kunz-Carbajal House 1721 S. April 1987 1903-1913 160 Santa Fe Freight Depot 501 W. The house is listed as historic by the Phoenix Historic Property Register. The bandshell is listed in the Phoenix Historic Property Register. Its inhabitants represent pioneer families, community and business leaders, miners, those who succumbed to tuberculosis, and others who helped write the history of Phoenix and Arizona.
May 2003 1928 171 Smurthwaite House 1317 W. March 1994 1909 45 Dougherty-Peterson House 2141 W. Dobbins Road in South Mountain Village, an urban village within the city of Phoenix. This property is considered to be a endangered historic house which someday may be demolished. Pictured is the 1901 Stevens-Haugsten House April 1989 1895-1920 2 Matthew Henson Public Housing Project Located on the west side of Seventh Avenue just south of the Sherman Street alignment. Carter Road March 2008 1927 175 Spanish Colonial Revival Residence 133 E. Thompson House was built in 1897 and is located at 850 N.